Starting to Jailbreak?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Kazuki_7, Jan 25, 2010.

1. Kazuki_7

Kazuki_7 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    (couldn't find my other thered) Um... Am about to jailbreak but i want to get some answers to some questions.
    If i jailbreak my itouch 3rd gen do i lose all my data on it? like music and when i since it's a tethred jailbreak if the battery isn't all gone and i charge it do i still have to re-jailbreak it?
  2. SmurfTron2000

SmurfTron2000 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    No, you will not lose all your data. If the battery doesn't run out or you don't turn it off you won't have to re-jailbreak it. If it turns off for any reason then you will need to. Putting it to sleep is fine since it's still on.

Remember when you jailbreak it you will have to install Cydia or the other download manager (I forgot what it's called because I use Cydia). When you install Cydia you will be prompted to restart your iPod, so when you do that you will only get the iPod and USB to iTunes icon and iTunes will say you need to restore your iPod. Just re-jailbreak it (you will see geohot's face and it will take a long time, longer than the first time but just be patient and your iPod will eventually turn on). I'm just telling you this because I thought it froze and I restored my iPod and it took forever to get my crap back on it.