Starting to get pretty annoying

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by iSn0w, Sep 10, 2010.

1. iSn0w

iSn0w Banned

• Immature or obscene comments
    when i try to change an icon for any shortcut when i click the icon it says the file contains no icons please try again. But it wont let me open the file that the icon is in it just shows up as empty. Im on vista
  2. tinyman392

tinyman392 Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    Firstly change the tread title, there are kids that go on these forums... And secondly, can you please explain more... I'm having a lot of trouble understanding what you're asking.
  3. iSn0w

iSn0w Banned

Alright, sorry. You know how you go into a shortcuts properties to change the icon? well i do that but when i choose a picture i want for the icon (it is the right kind of file type) it tells me the folder contains no icons and to try again? wtf im not even choosing a folder im choosing a picture? and then when i try to choose the folder with the icon in it, nothing shows up?
  4. tinyman392

tinyman392 Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    Hm... That's weird. I know what you're talking about now. But it has nothing to do with iTunes 10...

Just make sure you are selecting a folder with a .ico file in it. Also, just to test, go into your programs folder and select the icon of a program... I really hate Vista and all it's glitches, so I really can't help you further than this. I haven't gone too far into Vista, just XP and 7.

BTW, I'm not trying to be a party pooper with the swears, some people actually get warned for it (sometimes banned if they do it too much, haven't seen the banning happen myself). But it's really for your sake.
  5. iSn0w

iSn0w Banned

Yeah cheers for that but im an idiot and didnt realize you had to go advanced to change the title