Starter kit

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.4 Discussions' started by MadGeek, Mar 28, 2008.

?

What do you think of my source?

1. I will use it often

34 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. It is somewhat helpful

31 vote(s)
    36.5%
  3. It's useless

19 vote(s)
    22.4%
  4. Other (please post)

1 vote(s)
    1.2%
  1. MadGeek

MadGeek New Member

Starter kit - Look here for 1.1.4 fixes!

Using iAppCat, I have created a "starter kit" for 1.1.4. It is a collection of 70+ apps and fixes, all in one category. This links to 3rd parties, so the repository and this guide come "as is", with no warranty, so use at your own risk. I am not responsible for any damages.

Some News Updates

- For some reason all the package URLs are being moved/renamed. So, I am having to check each package for download errors. If a package isn't there in the repo, and it was before it means im looking for a fixed package. This has been quite a headache for be and I hope to have everything fixed soon.

- BSD Subsystem has been removed and Cydia has been added. Cydia provides a much more powerful subsystem. Remember to keepthe Cydia packages up to date by using cydia. Cydia uses APT, a packaging system that has still serves Debian and Ubuntu well. You can still use Installer, just DO NOT use BSD Subsystem with it. If you want to use Cydia, UNINSTALL the subsystem first.
    Many of these packages are for are for 1.1.4 only. however, these will be updated as new firmwares are released.

- The Old Customize, Modded Mustomize, and summerboard have been replace with Customize 2.0 Beta xx. Please uninstall any old Customize and/or summerboard before installing Customize 2.0.

Here are the advantages

- Forget about adding tons of repos to find and app that works

- Fast refresh because you only need a few sources

- One category, so, when using a queue install is quick

- Because it uses iApptap, this is not a hosted source. Think of it as a collection of links to sources you already trust

- I have included every 1.1.4 fix and mod (i,e. passwd and SUID fix, backspace fix, modded costomize), summerboard fix I can think of. 1.1.4 is near flawless on my ipod

- Have a friend who is new to jailbreaking? One source and he/ she will be off to a great start with little help from you

- Want to restore your device with the hassle? Use this this source and get back to bliss fast!

Why use mine rather than using iAppCat to make your own?

- I've done the work of looking for some of the "most" used apps

- I check each package for broken links or compatibility issues

- I am constantly looking for better packages to add; this will always stay up-to-date.

To get started:

Requirements

- A jailbroken 1.1.4 ipod touch/iphone

THOSE OF YOU WHO HAVE HAD 1.1.4 ISSUES IN THE PAST.

RESTORE YOUR IPOD TO 1.1.4, END ALL ITUNES PROCESSES AND ONLY CLICK THE JAILBREAK FOR THE IPOD TOUCH BUTTON IF YOU HAVE AN IPOD THE REST OF THE GUI IS FOR THE PHONE. IF YOU DO THIS, YOUR JAILBREAK SHOULD BE FINE. DO NOT RESTRE WITH BACKUP!
    http://theiphoneproject.org/downloads/

If you need to unbrick/restore your ipod/iphone see

http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51559

How to go into recovery mode
    (Thanks to Zombie_Killer)

1.Make sure iPod is completely powered off.
    2.Hold the home button while its off.
    3.While holding the Home button, connect the cable. The iPod should power on.
    4.Keep holding the Home button.
    5.The Connect to iTunes image should come up.
    6. Congrats, you in recovery mode.

-WiFi access

1. Open installer

2. Tap sources

3. Tap edit

4. Tap add

5. enter http://iappcat.com/r/5778

6. Tap OK

7. Tap install

8. Tap "!Starter kit"

9. Install "Cydia" by itself (NOT IN A QUEUE)

10. iNSTALL ANYTHING YOU LIKE

This has been fully tested with my 8GB ibod touch. If you have any questions or suggestions, just reply here

KNOWN ISSUE : SOME PACKAGES ARE CLAIMING THAT THE CONSTANTLY NEED UPDATING. THIS IS NOT TRUE. THE PACKAGES THAT I HAVE LISTED ARE AUTHENTIC AND UP-TO DATE I CAN NOT FIX THIS FALSE NOTICE BECAUSE I AM SIMPLY LINKING TO OFFICIAL SOURCES. SO THIS OCCORS ON THE OFFICIAL SOURCES; THIS CAN ONLY BE FIXED BY THE ORIGINAL SOURCES. I AM SORRY FOR THIS ANNOYANCE AND HOPE THAT IT IS A MINOR ONE.

Also, please not that my source consists entirely of links; thusly, I can not modify the packages in any way. I do howerever, check their integrity before I post them.

I will subscribe to this thread.
    3 people like this.
  2. MrBrightside

MrBrightside Active Member

I like the idea of this, will save people time and a few threads will be prevented asking questions about fixes etc. Good idea
  3. njdevildude4

njdevildude4 New Member

this is really nice
    i hope this helps out my ipod cause i have had problems with it and i will use it when i get home
  4. MadGeek

MadGeek New Member

Let me know if you have any problems
  5. drkassassin

drkassassin New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    great idea man... +rep
    1 person likes this.
  6. MadGeek

MadGeek New Member

Thanks. Also, please add the source and list anything that you would like to see added.
    1 person likes this.
  7. sprigner

sprigner New Member

Wow nice work! Extremely usefull.

Please Register or Log in to view images

I can finallly have customize on me ipoood!
  8. MadGeek

MadGeek New Member

Glad I Could help. By the way all....some packages broke recently. Thusly, I just removed or replaced them respectively.
  9. MadGeek

MadGeek New Member

Updtae: added summerboard fix

Please Register or Log in to view images

10. Marine Iguana

Marine Iguana New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thanx saved loads of time after just had to restore my ipod today.