Release Stargate Atlantis

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by The Crow, May 9, 2009.

1. The Crow

The Crow Banned

This theme includes the Homescreen & Icons/LockBackground & Slider/and Battery by (Matty Dee). Also I will take any comments, and if someone can explain to me how I can make the LockBackground into a vWallpaper so the water in the Stargate comes out at you?

Thanks, The Crow

http://www.[PIRACY.mf].com/download.php?jwuzyznyymm

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Manic Nimrod

Manic Nimrod Well-Known Member

Did you not even read what i put in your other thread?

:|
  3. theboss123

theboss123 Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    i know right

4. The Crow

The Crow Banned

O.k I understand that the icons can be square or whatever, but I don't think that the wallpaper is too busy on this one. So what is you comments about this one, and what do you think I did wrong again? I am not being rude, but in looking at your themes or icons. I found them bland and in lack of detail and excitement, so not that your themes are not clean and uniform but they are all very similar.
  5. wireoverload

wireoverload New Member

Where am I??????????????? Please help me I totally lost here........

Dude, please just stop making themes. You obviously do not know how to use photoshop or whatever program you are using very well. I suggest that you stop and learn photoshop.
    Come up with something different, don't just throw stuff together.
    Try to focus your design, you have to much going on, try to simplify things.
    Try using a base color or base image, don't throw a bunch of random images into icons and call it a theme.
    But these things have been said how many times??
    Just STOP!!

If you need help you can ask me and I will help as best I can. And PLEASE take at least some of my advice! And if you are not going to use it on your own iPod don't make it (Unless you can make a theme that is good)!!
  6. The Crow

The Crow Banned

Well look at Nimrod's and tell me if that is what you like because I don't, it is BLAND! Show me yours and I will make a comment, and yours may be better than Nimrod's themes that are so simple look like kids made them. The icons are so basic and have no depth, and the wallpaper is boring.
  7. wireoverload

wireoverload New Member

I like Nimrod's Themes, they may be a bit bland but they have someone with a good graphical sense behind them, they are not all over the place and they flow. Let me see you make an decent icon, and you CANNOT just use an image, throw a border around it and call it a day. No, you must make an icon from scratch. So, I bet they are looking dam good now! And I am not a great themer but I do have some clue what I am doing.
    Here is my WIP: http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=183441.
  8. The Crow

The Crow Banned

Those are very nice, but what about your complete theme with Homescreen & Icons/LockBackground & Slider?? I will admit that your battery is very nice, but give me something more to comment on! I think that my icons are not that clean or finished, but the icons do flow with the wallpaper behind them! The theme is Stargate Atlantis and that is the wallpaper, and the icons are all members or scenes from the t.v. show. The LockBackground is the Stargate and the D.H.D device that opens the Stargate, so (flow) what are you talking about? I will agree my icons finish needs to be more clean, but they do flow.
  9. matt1308-

matt1308- Banned

how can YOU insult Manic? yeah his themes are simple, they're suppost to be, people like simple themes, where they know what's going on, Manics themes are genius.
    in that entire theme what did YOU actually create?
    nothing, you just buched a load of images together and announced it as a theme. let's just say i turned my icon labels off... how the hell am i suppost to know that a ship blast in outer space is my calculator?

now usually i support new 'artists' and encourage them with constructive criticism, but you can't just come up with something as bad as this and say that it's great and exciting, then insult someone with 100 times the experience you have.

go and learn 1 thing about theming or general computer art skills for that matter and then you can come back and tell us you were wrong and that your theme resembles all those sh*t winterboard themes crowding Cydia.

you will look back on this one day, that is, if your spirit hasn't already been crushed and see how bad it really is.

no offence

edit: not to mention that horrible slider, and flow means more than relative images, just because they match doesnt mean they flow, the springboard is SO distracting it hurts my eyes, and the lockscreen, just... NO
    think of something better and start over. think of this as a mistake to learn from.
  10. The Crow

The Crow Banned

Well if you take the icons off you have the written (Calculator) on the screen to let you know what is there, so the ship itself is all images that go along with the theme of the t.v. show Stargate Atlantis. The main members of the team, the scenes and the stargate itself. Well you guys have your opinion but I don't like the simple themes, and I think my theme flows and it may not be as great as some on Cydia and I should work on the icons a bit but I don't think it is as bad as you all make it out to be. Thanks for the encouragement, and I will move on and to let you know the Modmyi site does not treat members like you do!

Cheers, The Crow