Stanza Web Sources

Discussion in 'Mobile Web Development' started by supajonkata, Oct 10, 2008.

1. supajonkata

supajonkata New Member

When I jumped from 1.1.4 to 2.1 one of the apps I was going to miss was books. It was very easy to use and most importantly very easy to get books without the need of a computer. So I was elated to find Stanza in the App Store once I upgraded. Someone1guy and his infamous repo of books on 1.x.x firmwares was a prominent provider of the books I read. He has now updated his source of books to 2.x.x repo BUT surprisingly enough also to a html page specifically for Stanza. This is so easy to use as all you need to do is find a book you fancy click(touch) it and Stanza will come up an download the book and it's ready for reading in a matter of 30 seconds.
    (btw: http://www.drinkmalk.com/books/stanza.html )
    So, I'm wondering as the ipod is now claiming as this prodigy ebook reader and admittedly it's pretty darn good. So I was wondering if there are any more html stanza sites like his? Please feel free post as many as you know. It is greatly appreciated.
  2. LR2

LR2 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Seconded, does anyone know of any other Stanza sources?
  3. -tcq42-

-tcq42- Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Same here. I want to download a book I'm reading for class, but there's no free versions and I sure as hell don't want to spend $15 on a book.
  4. Someone1guy

Someone1guy New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    What is the name of the book? I'll see if I can find it and post it on drinkmalk.com
  5. Dattu

Dattu New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    $15 for a book is not expensive. I'm guessing you're not an avid reader.
  6. unlimitedx

unlimitedx New Member

I'm not paying $15 for a digital version when the same physical book costs just as much.
  7. memedai

memedai New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    How can you make your own Stanza collection? But it is a great idea. I like Classics.app more, but it is harder to update books on it. I really want to learn how, but there are really no tutorials about that. iphone.org.hk/apt/ offers some Classics.app book like Harry Potter 1-6 and Lord of the Rings. I want to learn how

Please Register or Log in to view images

But Stanza is good too i think. I want to offer German Books aswell so a description would be great.