Stanza & OpenSSH

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by jedimattk, Jul 26, 2009.

1. jedimattk

jedimattk Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Does anyone have any idea about how to transfer books to Stanza over OpenSSH? If anyone has done this, please post instructions as to how; for example, where to copy the books, and any tips or tricks I might need to get it working.

I have Ubuntu, so using the proprietary Stanza desktop software is impractical at best. SSH'ing my books to my iPod seems the only option. Thanks!
  2. 82ross

82ross New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Taken from:
    http://www.lexcycle.com/faq#3n619

The end part probably most useful for SSH

Please Register or Log in to view images

"Note: any software that can transfer files over to the iPhone can be used for this method of transferring books in bulk. When Stanza launches, any files it finds in the folder named "/var/mobile/Media/DCIM/Stanza" will be imported into Stanza."
  3. zDSpider

zDSpider Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    It didn't work for me. Any other methods ? By USB, NOT wifi.

I'm using Stanza v1.9 on an iPod touch 2G, iPhone OS 3.0. Copied a few epubs in /var/mobile/Media/DCIM/Stanza

Please Register or Log in to view images

...and it doesn't seem to grab them from the DCIM folder. When I start Stanza there's only the software manual and Alice is Wonderland... I've tried rebooting the device, but still nothing. Is the extension right ? .epub ? Or is it .ePub ?
  4. zDSpider

zDSpider Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch