Stanza and shoutcast at the same time?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by barth, Apr 15, 2009.

1. barth

barth New Member

Good evening, I've had my Ipod Touch 8G, 2nd generation for a week now and just love it. Prior to purchasing it, I read a lot of the information in these forums here.
    My favorite apps are Stanza and Shoutcast. Unfortunately you cannot run them at the same time.

Do you know if the next release of the OS from Apple will allow 2 apps running at the same time?

Is there any way of listening to a music stream from the Internet and using Stanza at the same time?

I don't want to jailbreak my Ipod at this time.

Thank you
  2. tymanzz

tymanzz New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Umm I do know you can stream music from the internet using an app like Last.fm and then download Backgrounder (from Cydia) to have it run in the background. Then you can run any app and it should still keep playing.
  3. barth

barth New Member

But that would imply that I need to jailbreak my Ipod, isn't it? I don't want to do this right now. I'm hoping that Apple's next release will allow multiple apps running at the same time.
  4. tymanzz

tymanzz New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Oh! My bad, I over looked that you didn't want to jailbreak your iPod.

At the moment, no, only JB'ed iPods can do that. Sorry, you should look into jailbreaking though. It offers a lot of customization and is pretty fun!

And I'm pretty sure Apple isn't going to allow this within the next firmware update, unfortunately.
  5. Wiizz

Wiizz New Member

I agree. It's very very easy to jailbreak and you can run multiple apps.