Stack icon(the one on Dock)

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by iceman5008, Nov 5, 2007.

1. iceman5008

iceman5008 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    How to edit Stack.app icon(the one on Dock)

I've been searching and i got all of the applications i want and i have the icon customized after i click on it but when its just there on the dock, its that ugly stack of icons. i just want a regular icon. Is that possible? Anybody know how to do it?
  2. theprof22

theprof22 New Member

just SSH into your ipod and find stack.app folder. from there just find the icon image that represents the icon on your touch(won't be that hard) and replace it with the one you want. remember to change the name to be the exact same as the old one and change permissions.
  3. itsajeepthing03

itsajeepthing03 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Stack as 1 icon

I finally figured out how to make the stack appear as 1 icon (assuming all your icons are the same size). Basically I just made them all go to the same (x,y) coordinates on the phone. When you first turn on the phone it will appear as a stack, but after you press it once, it will appear as 1 icon. All you need to do is replace the attached file with the the one in the Stack.app. Also, if you want the reflection look, you can replace the icon.png in Stack with the one of the app (you placed in the 3rd position). I suggest renaming the original file though, not deleting it.

Remember this is a hack, it would be much better (& look nicer) if the source code was changed, all i did was change the appropriate bits in a hex editor. Enjoy

Please Register or Log in to view images

Attached Files:

4. doudoo

doudoo New Member

@itsajeepthing03: could you tell me what line you change to tweak it now? (I mean changing the sources, I dont want to change all the code...
  5. jungzandvliet

jungzandvliet New Member

could you explain the coordinations please

? Then i could change it for yah. I can get it to launch as one adn stuff by changing source and compile it. But dont get it how to put the coordinations of the icons right.

I mean what are the coordinations ? 0,0,60,60? or sumething :>
  6. itsajeepthing03

Device:
    iPod touch
    I'm not sure what you mean by the line you tweak? do you mean where can you find the bits to edit in a hex editor? All you need to do to get it to work is to download the file (the 2nd one I uploaded) and swap it with the existing one in Stack.app found in the applications folder on you touch. I figured out how to put it in the correct spot. If thats not what your asking, please rephrase the question. Thanks.
  7. doudoo

doudoo New Member

@itsajeep..: no I mean could U know where it is localized in the source?(but I really doubt U can...

) cause Iam watching it but it looks like a gaz factory

, and I think its the reason why it was a mess

, Im gonna post some thoughts on google code for psychochromatic, cause I think things could be lot easier

8. itsajeepthing03

Device:
    iPod touch
    @doudoo: I do know where in the source the code I changed is, it is in the the MobileStack.m file, in the "animator stopAnimation" method. What I did, was change the if statement in the for loop to change all the icons not just ones >=3 and then changed the y coordinate in "endRectOther" to 10f. I did all that in the binary code, as I do not have the toolchain to recompile the code
  9. jungzandvliet

jungzandvliet New Member

Got a almost good messy code now xD.
    Its like a quick fix more since its a bit messy xD And not really a good way to do this

But now i got the mirror back on. With stacks. And its like the orginal itunes icon.
    Just need to figure out how to change the Stack name.

Edit: ok done

Here:

i changed the source abit so the stackcontroller got now a installer for the itunes stack style to xD Its abit a messy quick "fix" thing and i hope you dont mind i changed it xD.
    But this is for ppl who likes to have there ipod on a orginal view xD.
    One note you need to place the itunes icon on the last entry. Oh and the mirror reflect is working here to xD (On the itunes style thign only

) And all your icons need to be on the same size otherways you see a other icon pulling abit out of the itunes icon.
    Source:
    http://www.tabrin.com/avo/MobileStacks Mod Source.zip
    Read readme here. THis is like adds a black/glass background so you dont see icons behind it.
    http://www.tabrin.com/avo/MobileStore.app.zip
    THis is i think what you want xD
    http://www.tabrin.com/avo/StackController.app.zip

Still full credits for psychochromatic!