stability?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by berky93, Sep 11, 2008.

1. berky93

berky93 New Member

is the 2nd gen ipod touch more stable than the first? I ask because I've had to get my ipod replaced like 5 times, and this is getting ridiculous. I want to know if maybe the second generation would have worked out some of the bgs, and if the new processor made it more stable? that would be great, because I definately cant stand any more first-gens, but I dont want to have to switch to a classic or something and lose all of my apps and functionality.
  2. Noisemaker

Noisemaker Banned

Please Register or Log in to view images

How have you gone through 5 Touches? Seriously, the only returns I've heard of on them have been for people that have f*cked theirs up and want a new one.
  3. Shoop27

Shoop27 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Settings closed on me ... I'm serious.

If those five you replaced only had app crashing then there was no need to replace them. That is an intermittent problem that most people have once in a while that goes away.

Usually my iPod would stop this after a sync.
  4. berky93

berky93 New Member

I wish it was that simple. lets list shall we?

-wouldnt boot, wouldt restore, wouldnt dfu
    -same as above
    -same as above, but this time wouldnt even turn off and was stuck at blank settings loading page
    -many problems, such as crashing, rebooting, getting stuck all the time
    -etc, etc

each time the apple guy told me something bad (which I didnt really believe, but I dont want a glitchy ipod, I wanted a replacement) such as "the firmware didnt accept the ipod correctly, the boot system is malfunctioning, I have no idea what is wrong with this"

anyway, about the stability?