SSH'n music in Linux with iPod Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by ubumby, Jul 26, 2008.

1. ubumby

ubumby New Member

I was wondering if anyone else successfully transfered their music over to their 2.0 ipod touch using Amarok or gtkpod yet? It worked fine for me when I had 1.1.4 but now when I try to SSH it shows the music I have on it but when I transfer my any music on it the iPod will no longer be recognizable in iTunes. It then will not be able to play any songs I have on it, even the ones I put on through iTunes. I've already restored my ipod 4 times and I don't feel like doing it again....Anyone successfully do it yet?

Thanks
  2. pavan

pavan Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i know there is islsk u can download and import music to ur music player directly from your ipod. but is there a way u can add it to a playlist with like filebrowser or something? that would be cool.

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. jack.misner@virgin.net

jack.misner@virgin.net New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    na its annoying me to. i had amarok ssh'n music into my 1.1.2 ipod touch but now it is on 2.0, amarok says it is on my ipod, but it isnt

i like wireless syncs
  4. ubumby

ubumby New Member

I always used Amarok for SSH'n my music because it was so handy(Album Art, Transfers). I used gtkpod much less (tried photos).....but now since neither seem to work yet I must reboot and use Windows

....Also, when I SSH into my ipod file structure gtkpod says: "Could not open "(null)" for reading extended info. Extended info will not be used." I believe it never use to do this with 1.1.4 or earlier version...but I may be wrong, since I rarely used it before. They didn't change the file structure as far as I can tell. I mean both programs can still read all the albums music and artwork no problem. Writing must be the problem....Music app will show no music and give you the "You can purchase songs off of iTunes" joke screen...

..Where to go from here.....I do not know.

Also, it still bothers me when we select our ipod model it says still read only When its not and the description given is IPod Nano (Silver)....but whatever, it use to work...

5. flyingguitar

flyingguitar Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    I use winamp with Linux. Its kinds like iTunes only u can't update or restore your iPod

6. ubumby

ubumby New Member

Does it work with 2.0..........