SSHing tethered jailbroken 3G itouch

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by dnaL0R, Nov 25, 2009.

1. dnaL0R

dnaL0R Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    i've tried a couple programs, but they all register the device as "jailed" when i connect it to the pc... is there an SSH client program out there i can use or do i have to wait for the legit jailbreak to come out?
  2. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

You need 'OpenSSH' for wireless SSHing and 'afc2add' for SSH through USB. Both of those found in Cydia.
  3. dnaL0R

dnaL0R Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    yes, i got the openSSH, but i might be doing something wrong; i'm trying to install the win7_ultimate theme... i will give afc2add a try, thnx for the response
  4. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Remember, if you are trying to SSH wirelessly, you will need WinSCP for Windows, or Cyberduck for Mac. To SSH through USB, you will need Diskaid.
  5. dnaL0R

dnaL0R Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    yes, those are the programs i am using, but it kept telling me the device was "jailed"... i got the afc2add now, so hopefully it will work now
  6. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Also, if you are using Windows, you could check out iPhone Folders. It will allow you to view your iPod's files/folders in windows explorer. It's only compatible with Windows x86 though.
  7. dnaL0R

dnaL0R Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    k, the afc2add worked out well and i was able to SSH, but i think i picked a pretty set-up intensive theme to be my first...

i gave this one a shot:
    [redacted]

for some reason some of the items seen in the screen shots were missing or i could not locate them... time to look for another clean complete theme, thnx again for the help Chris !!