1. gulfvetsaf

gulfvetsaf New Member

Mar 9, 2008
    I edited iPod.local. to ipod.local and now I have access... now I just can't recall what the heck I was going to do!

Before anyone cries do a search, I did so... and I could not find my specific issue. I was able to SSH at one time with fetch and suddenly started getting this error:

SFTP connecting to "iPod.local." could not be opened because the connection to the SFTP server could not be established or was lost.

I have done the following and more:

Uninstalled and reinstalled both OpenSSH's that I could find.
    Uninstalled and reinstalled Boss's Pref and ensured SSH is enabled.
    Rebooted my iPod in several ways (after install and uninstall respectively)
    Tried various FTP programs (cyberduck and fetch)
    Reinstalled BSD Subsystem....

My iPod IS showing up on Bonjour in both programs and I get the same message (regardless of passwords used and I know it's root and alpine).

I've uninstalled any additions that I can remember adding recently...

I've restarted my airport extreme...

What else?

Thanks in advance for the help and IF this subject is on here somewhere, I'll be surprised but I apologize in advance.

Semper Fi!

"To laugh often and love much; to win the respect of intelligent persons and the affection of children; to earn the approbation of honest citizens and endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate beauty; to find the best in others; to give of one's self; to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; to have played and laughed with enthusiasm and sung with exultation; to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived - this is to have succeeded."