1. JustWondering

JustWondering New Member

I've seen a couple of SSH Threads, but none of them were made after the JB. Anyways, I just JBed my iPod 2g and I'm wondering if there's a way to SSH my ROMs onto it. I just Tried WinSCP and even though my ROMs are in the proper folder, they are not recognized. Does anyone know how to do this?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    bump.. :/
  2. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Change the permissions to 755.
  3. Xii

Xii New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Are they here?

/private/var/mobile/Media/ROMs

Depending on the emulator you have, you will also need to make a folder corresponding to it. If you got NES for example, then just make a "NES" folder in ROMS.
  4. Ambitdesigns

Ambitdesigns New Member

For Mac users like myself here is how to accomplish SSHing into your iPod Touch:
    1). Jailbreak using RedSn0w lite.
    2). Open Cydia download: OpenSSH and SBSettings and install them.
    3). Swipe finger across the top of your screen (were the "iPod", wifi logo, time, and battery are located) to invoke SBSettings.
    4). Make sure that within SBSettings drop down menu SSH is green (you can click it if it is red)
    5). Download Cyberduck onto your Macintosh and install it.
    6). Press "Open Connection" at the top and change the Protocol to SSH (SFTP is just another name)
    7). Type the IP address of your iPod into the Server field on Cyberduck (you can get your IP using SBSettings or by going into your wifi connection in Settings)
    8). Type: "root" for the username and "alpine" for the password and click connect.
    9). You will be automaticlly taken to the /private dir so you can use the drop down menu to go back to the root (also called "/")

If you need any help please let me know.
  5. Touchtacular

Touchtacular New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Oftentimes, like they have said, your access protocol on your default settings isn't high enough to access the root folders directly (at least, that's how it was for me) there are a couple apps in cydia that fix that.