SSH woes...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Xephrey, Nov 7, 2007.

1. Xephrey

Xephrey Member

Sep 29, 2007
    Okay, I'll probably get flamed here... but I really did try searching for solutions. That being said - lets get the problem at hand.

I had SSH set up nicely here between my iPoT and PC not long ago at all, things were working well, I could access and copy everything fine. But then, I'm not sure when it happened, my iPoT stopped playing nice with my main home router, so instead, I have it connected through a little FON router, which is hooked up to the Netgear. That seems to work fine, I can view youtube videos, browse the web, using, etc. I'm betting the problem lies in that little router extension, I'm not sure that that was exactly when SSH stopped working, but now when I try to ping the IP address of my iPoT in a DOS prompt window, it times out.

So... I dont really know what to do here.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated, although I'd REALLY REALLY rather not start my iPoT from scratch.

2. m26k9

m26k9 New Member

Oct 30, 2007
    When you connect the FON router to your main Netgear, I think the FON creates another subnet... so my guess is that when you ping from your desktop, the Netgear cannot route it to the IP of your iPot... becasue its already in a different subnet... If you want to SSH I think u'd have to SSH from a laptop connected to the FON... or else the iPot has to be directly connected to the Netgear... this is my guess... and this setup isnt going to affect the internet access of your iPot..