ssh with no wifi theory

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by SiN Altr Ego EL, Feb 14, 2009.

1. SiN Altr Ego EL

SiN Altr Ego EL New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    ok, so i know this works with the ipod touch 1g, cause i've done it. but now i'm wondering if there is a way to do this with the 2g. there is a nice little program called the iPhonePCSuite. now this program will allow u to access the root folders of your ipod touch without a wifi connection. just like ssh, but with no wifi issues. but it does require u to turn off and turn on u ipod, and it will recognize when its on and off. now my theory is, since the ipod 2g has to reapply the patch at boot, do u think that it would work if u had the PCsuite running, and then whenever it asked for a reboot, run a bootloader program, and then it should work? cause i'm going to be making a theme and sshing it into my ipod, but i don't have a stable enough wifi connection, so i use the iPhonePCsuite... so can anyone back me up on this theory of mine?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    any body at all>?
  2. fyvel

fyvel Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    us a program called iphonebrowser....
  3. SiN Altr Ego EL

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    yeah i kinda figured it out.. but thanks for ur reply. i actually found that i can get a good enough wifi connection to get into my ipod.
  4. ice_cold_irony

ice_cold_irony New Member

How do you connect to the Touch with no Wifi? What wireless input are you using?

And if it's turned off...how does this work?

You're original post is a little confusing, what's this program do?
  5. nickman89

nickman89 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ok i personally have an ipod touch 2g and i have no wifi in my apartment because im a college student. Well actually i do but my computer doesnt connect via wifi, any way the point is that i had no way of SSH into my ipod. I also think that iphone browser somehow screws with the jailbreak because recently i wanted to rejailbreak my ipod and all sorts of troubles doing so. But then i found this application called iphone tunnel suite 2.7 that works with winscp side by side. get it here --->> http://www.[PIRACY.mf].com/?m0qddaooxh1 you will also need WinSCP.

here is a guide on how to use it it
    http://ipodtouched.net/?p=883

This program is the ehit it make a virtual ssh through your usb cable and is a hundred times faster than ssh through WiFi.
  6. erotiboxxx

erotiboxxx New Member

Anyone can connect to their iPod without wifi AS LONG AS YOU HAVE A WIRELESS NETWORKING CARD.

Just set up an ad-hoc (computer to computer) network. I use it to run MIDI apps and SSH, works flawlessly.
  7. SiN Altr Ego EL

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    basicallly u can ssh into your ipod with out a wifi connection, but the program requires u to reboot. my question was, would it be possible to use this same program, but then when it has u reboot ur ipod, run a bootloader program along side it, so that i can get into my ipod touch 2g with out a wifi connection. that is as simple as i can put it... and i figured out what i had to do anyways...

since my ipod's wifi is from another house on a different network, i had to change the wifi that my computer was on to the one that my ipod was on. it took a second for it to work the first itme, but after that, quick and painless.