SSH turns off.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Tafich, May 20, 2008.

1. Tafich

Tafich Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I don't know why, but my iPod has started to act a little crazy, I don't know if this is possible but I think that some of the directions (folders) moved of place, here's why:

I have Danimator's customize, I had some custom images that I inserted with SSH and everything was fine until yesterday, I was changing some things via customize (installer theme, carrier icon, lock icon, bottom iPod bar and some strings), after I changed the lock icon (which by the way it was the first time that I changed that icon) customize crashed, I returned to customize and changed only the carrier icon, but when I returned to the springboard it didn't re-spring, I did a manual re-spring but as expected, the icon didn't change, the reason of this I think is that when I installed Danimator's customize I installed the symlinks and all of the requirements but when I tried to install the stickers theme pack it didn't work, I got the Main Script Execution error, so, weeks after that, I tried again, and it didn't work, so I looked up for more symlinks or library fixes and I couldn't install any of them so I didn't know what was the problem with the Sticker Theme Pack, so the next day was when I changed the icons and that happened (the customize crash thing), another thing that made me believe that the directions changed is that I got a weird hud image that I didn't have before, and I also opened some games and they crashed instantly (I belive that the reason was that the file was not able to be found), but now the real problem and that I believe that is linked to this is that my SSH automatically turns off, it was fine before I did the changes, I already installed and uninstalled "Services" like 3 times, did the same with "OpenSSH" and also tried to use "NetServices" but it doesn't work, I turn SSH on, it seems to be ok, but if I exit "Services" and enter again the SSH will be turned off automatically, my iPod's IP is the same and I already tried over 30 times to connect via FTP (I use "WinSCP").

Thanks a lot for your help, and sorry for the long story hehe, but if you want something fixed it is better if you singlel every detail

Please Register or Log in to view images

PS: I tried using Customize 2.0 and it worked, but I don't like that version, and still SSH still didn't work obviously, another thing, when I changed the Springboard's strings via Danimator's Customize after the crash, it worked, but not the images.
  2. ZombieKiller

ZombieKiller Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    I stoped reading at the point you said Library Fixes, and said to myself...

"Cydia rocks"

Install Cydia and get rid of your problems.
  3. Tafich

Tafich Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I really don't see how that will help, but i'll install it anyway, can I have both? Cydia and Installer?
  4. ZombieKiller

ZombieKiller Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Cydia installs a Subsytem too, and its a lot better then BSD Subsystem.

Yes you can have both.
  5. Tafich

Tafich Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Wow, it worked haha =), thanks a lot, + rep =D