SSH troubles? Try this. (NO WIFI NEEDED)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by sunnyboi14, Dec 5, 2007.

1. sunnyboi14

sunnyboi14 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Ok, so i don't know if I'm the first to find this out, because i did a search a while ago, and i couldn't find anything, so here it goes. If your like me, who doesn't have a wifi connection in their house, then you can try this. First, you need to install touchcopy on your computer. Its free, but its a trial. Since you only get it for 30 days, heres a way to get around it. When your time runs out, change your clock time on your computer back a year. When you reopen touchcopy, it will say 365 days left.

Please Register or Log in to view images

All right. For this part, you will need wifi.

But the good thing is, that after you get this, you wont have to have wifi anymore to install things. Ok. So go to installer, and install the app MobileFinder. When that is completed, plug in your iPod/iPhone to your computer. Now open touchcopy, wait for it to find your iPod/iPhone, and click files in the top right corner. Copy the application folder, or the things you want to add on to an application to touchcopy. Once that is completed, you wont need your computer anymore, but its ok if you keep it connected. On your iPod/iPhone, click on Finder. Inside finder, click on the little squiggle on the top right corner. (it might take a couple of times to get it to go) Once it opens, it should say in order .svn, Library, Media. There may be other files also. Alright. From there open media. You should see the files or folders. Touch it once. then on the bottom, click move. Now, go back to the squiggly. From there, double touch on library, and put it in the application you need to, or put the application in. There you go! Click the home button, and it should work!

P.S .svn may not be there depending if you have hidden files shown or not
  2. sunnyboi14

sunnyboi14 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Im sorry for double posting, but i really think this could help a lot of people.
  3. shotgunfool

shotgunfool Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    not to put this idea down but i think most people that have jailbroken their touches have wifi still good tutorial for people who cant use ssh clients =))
  4. blackjak231

blackjak231 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    Good tutorial, but it is kind of hard to read! You should try to do steps
    ex: 1)step1
    2)step2...etc

And i agree with shotgunfool, a lot of people who jailbreaked there ipod used wifi, unless they were still on firmware 1.1.1(via jailbreakme.com). But still, good tutorial for people who don't have wifi!!
  5. nickels412

nickels412 New Member

thank you very much for this my ssh is stupid and wont work.
    however im having some trouble with the finder application, how do you move the files to different applications on the ipod?
    thanks
  6. Scythal

Scythal New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    For those who use Total Commander, you can also use this plug-in that will allow you to access the whole iPod file system (if jailbroken) instead of just Media. You'll just need Finder to fix executable permissions.

Once you have selected a file or a folder as sunnyboi14 explained, tap on File (bottom left), then Move (bottom right). Navigate to the place you want to move the file or directory, and tap on Paste.
  7. sunnyboi14

sunnyboi14 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Sorry to bump this up, since its really old, but I'm glad this helped you guys! Oh any just a question, isnt total commander on a trial? (Well, i guess touchcopy is too, but theres always a way around that.

)
  8. Scythal

Scythal New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yes, it's a 30-day trial and when it's not registered, you have to click on the right button when it starts

9. sunnyboi14

sunnyboi14 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    but you just change the date on your computer to 2006 and then it says you have 365+days until it expires.