SSH Suddenly Stopped Working????

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by MikoTail, Dec 14, 2009.

1. MikoTail

MikoTail New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Help!

I have an iPod Touch 32GB and its tethered jailrboken. Today I was downloading stuff onto my iPod at school (because I have dial-up at home) using Safari Download Manager and so after lots of downloading, it shut off and so when I got home I had to re-jailbreak my iPod.

So I did that and now I wanna get the files I downloaded off of my iPod so I typically use iFunBox (since it SSHes "through USB" and I don't have wifi at home).

iFunBox has worked great recently and last time I successfully used it was Friday I believe. But today after i re-jailbroke and opened iFunBox, it says my device is jailed and I cannot access the main folders where my downloaded files are stored.

I do have that afc2add thing installed (I believe, unless it somehow got removed, is there a way to check?) and in SBSettings, SSH is turned "ON".

So what is the problem? Is something (bad) happening to my iPod or is it iFunBox's/iTunes/afc2add's problem??????????

What are some alternative programs used to SSH through USB?

PLEASE HALP!!!!
  2. Crinkypops

Crinkypops New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Try out Winscp. It's another software to SSH into your iPod Touch. And also be sure not to lock your iPod while you're SSHing. That happened to me too but all I did was not to lock the iPod coz when you do, it will turn off the Wi-Fi..

Hope that helps...
  3. jmwerkus

jmwerkus Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    he said he didnt have wifi
  4. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member