SSH/SFTP in vb.net

Discussion in 'Computing, Science, and Technology' started by Gatzy118, Aug 26, 2008.

1. Gatzy118

Gatzy118 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    hi, i was wondering if it was possible to send a file via ssh using vb.net. If not, using c++. I would like to send a file on a button click and i just wanted to know if there is any ways to do this.

If this is not possible can someone tell me how to use winscp in command line and then i can run the commands using winscp. Thanks a lot everyone.

,Gatzy118
  2. River

River New Member

Considering they are both programing languages, sure you can use either to use SSH.

You'll need to code the interface, and include the protocols, and other functions - but yea, I don't see a problem.
  3. Gatzy118

Gatzy118 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    thats my problem, i have no idea how to do any of it. Can anyone help? Or is there any example code anywhere. Thanks
  4. mayevski

mayevski Guest

Of course, you can send a file using SFTP (SSH File Transfer Protocol) using either VB.NET or C++. You can use SecureBlackbox for this. Read about SecureBlackbox here: http://www.eldos.com/sbbdev/desc-sftp.php .
  5. Jikoo

Jikoo New Member

Gatzy, what are you trying to make?
  6. Gatzy118

Gatzy118 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Its just a program to get files off an ipod/iphone. I dont want to use winscp because i need it within my program so the user doesn't have to get hundreds of programs
  7. micaheljcaboose

micaheljcaboose Well-Known Member

Try using .bat files. They are good when run from vB and they can do SSH with the use of some programs.