SSH Questions...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by YellowDesertSun, Apr 16, 2010.

1. YellowDesertSun

YellowDesertSun New Member

Okay, I have WinSCP and AutomaticSSH (OpenSSH)

I can SSH my ROMS for my emulators perfectly fine. I can delete unwanted things, no problem. But when I follow instructions of how to install "SNES4iPhone" via SSH I have problems.

Okay, let me explain. I drag the file into my Apps section in /<root>/Applications/ and I set the preference to 0755. I then follow the nest step to go into /var/mobile/ to create the folder "Documents" and set that to 777.

EXEPT THERE IS ALREADY A "DOCUMENTS" FOLDER! WTF?

I open it and it has a folder called, "admob" and some documents called, "macman.state" and "mobclix.db" and inside the "admob" folder there is a whole bunch of other folder and other documents, etc.

So, I cannot create the needed "Documents" folder and set it to 777, because there is already a folder called "Documents" that was already there and is being used for something else...

I don't know what all of the stuff in the already present "Doucments" folder is for, so I'm not gonna f*** with it.

Buuuuuttt, how do I fix this. In order to instal "SNES4iPhone.app" I need to create a folder called "Documents" in /var/mobile/ except there was already one there and it is being used for who know what, but the stuff inside looks important so I don't wanna mess around with it...

EDIT**

Lol, I fixed it *facepalm* at myself, lol...

I had the actual app in a folder on my desktop and I was dragging it into WinSCP with it inside of an extra folder. ("Double-Folder'd" if you will, lol)

lmao...
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Okay guys, I could get the app onto my ipod, but they won't open, the just crash immediately...

anyone know why?