SSH question

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by shortguy088, Mar 18, 2008.

1. shortguy088

shortguy088 New Member

i have cuteFTP Pro that i use to SSH into my ipod. how do you or can you enter commands into cuteFTP? commands like these for example: umount -f /private/var or chmod 755 /usr/sbin/*
  2. shortguy088

shortguy088 New Member

3. MrBrightside

MrBrightside Active Member

I was wondering this so i looked into it:

To manually enter an FTP command

1. Connect to a site.

2. From the menu, choose Tools > Enter FTP Command.

3. Enter the command such as LIST or CWD or PWD in the Input FTP command box.

4. Select OK.

Adding custom commands

Custom Commands allow you to specify a raw FTP command sequence and assign shortcuts or toolbar links to these sequences.
    To add a custom command

1. From the menu, choose Tools > Custom Commands > Edit Custom Commands. The Custom Commands dialog box opens.

2. Click New Folder . A new folder is created.

3. Enter a name for the folder.

4. Select New Command .

5. Enter a name for the command.

6. Select Properties button.

7. In the Custom Command Properties dialog box, enter the command or command sequence you want in the Command box.

8. Optionally, select Shortcut Key and then press the keys on your keyboard for the shortcut. This step is optional.

9. Optionally, select Change Icon to select a toolbar icon for the command. Select the icon you want, then select OK.

10. Select Place on the custom commands toolbar to include the new command on the Custom Commands toolbar.

11. Select OK twice to accept the changes and close the Custom Commands dialog box.

To add command sequences

1. Follow steps 1-7 above.

2. Add a line break between command sequences when entering them into the Command box.

Example: USER %u \n PASS %p
    To use a custom command

1. Connect to a site.

2. From the menu, choose Tools > Custom Commands> (your command).

To display the Custom Commands Bar

From the menu, choose View > Toolbars > Custom Commands Bar.

Note:

The remote site must be the active pane for a command to be sent. Once sent, you can view the server’s response in the log window.