SSH question

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Towlie, Oct 21, 2010.

1. Towlie

Towlie New Member

So I instaled my self iSSH and got inside my ipod.Was looking at a blank console with somethin ..root in it. Anyway I began wodnering if it is posible to log into other peeps ipod and say have a litle fun like shaking their spring board or changing their songs.. stuff like that. If u have any guides (cuz i coudnt find any

Please Register or Log in to view images

sorry) post away and i will read.Thanks in advance.Rly want to get to know ssh beter.
  2. Bigray14719

Bigray14719 Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Im pretty sure what your asking about consists hacking to some degree.

If your have permission from the"other person" the you only need to ask them for the ip address and password. If you dont have permission then its illegal. And seeing as your new here, Discussing illegal activity is not tolerated here.
  3. picklejw

picklejw Member

Device:
    iPad
    he just wants to have fun, its not hacking OF COURSE HE HAS HIS FRIENDS PERMISSION

"killall SpringBoard" will restart the springboard
    "reboot" will reboot the ipod
  4. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

i think he's trying to get a tutorial on what he can change during SSH to make his friend's ipod do something crazy like springboard upside down, ect...
  5. picklejw

picklejw Member

Device:
    iPad
    i dont know if theres anything that crazy you can do to it... i guess there is the one LanuchDaemon, i forget which one but it messes up the whole iphone, the screen flickers between springboard and the boot logo and will randomly lock and it freaked the heck out of me, you would move the launchdaemon then reboot his ipod touch and he will freak.
  6. picklejw

picklejw Member

Device:
    iPad
    You can fix it by moving the daemon back to the original location and rebooting. The whole ipod works its just really messed up and frustrating.
  7. Towlie

Towlie New Member

Well the IP i know it and i log in with username root and pass alpine right just like normal ssh on computer? Thx for the replies

Edit1:
    my friend knows about it and dosent mind me testing some stuff on his ipod
    Also I DO NOT wana brake or ruin anyones iDevice .
    Thx again
  8. picklejw

picklejw Member

Device:
    iPad
    It wont permently break it, just really messes it up and freaks the crap out of you. Don't worry