SSH Problems?

Discussion in 'iPhone Applications on iPod touch' started by Starrzz, Jun 10, 2008.

1. Starrzz

Starrzz New Member

I'm kind of new to all this stuff, so I want to ask a question.

When I tried SSH today using Cute FTP Pro, I was so happy it worked.
    I downloaded gpSPhone and iPhysics and tried to send it over to my ipod.
    When I got to my iPod, the applications were there! So I tried to open it, but the screen just stayed white and didn't change.

I uploaded the files into /private/var/Applications.

Can someone explain what I did wrong? Do I have to do more stuff into the iPod itself?
    Help would be greatly appreciated.

And also, I apologize if this question has been answered because I've been looking for an answer for the past 1 hour.
  2. Relic073

Relic073 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    just to make sure you did put the iPhysics.app folder into the applications folder on you ipod touch
    and you did the same with the gpSPhone.app folder
    i think you have to restart the ipod....and also st their permissions to 755...i i always set mine to 777 coz then i have no problems

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. Starrzz

Starrzz New Member

Ooh, how do you set the permission to 755? Thanks in advance.

And yeah, I did have them in the folder when I sent it over.
  4. x6blues

x6blues New Member

Right-click on the files and then type in 755.
    777 is usually for items concerning saving/memory. 755 is the permission that has apps execute correctly.

You always need to set permissions when manually placing folders/apps. They will be usually be at 644 instead of 755 which leads to the apps crashing as you experienced.

Look here for more info on SSH and Commands.
    Also, I'd recommend WinSCP just because it is an easy to use program, and already has the Terminal program installed so you can run commands. It is mentioned in the above link.
  5. Starrzz

Starrzz New Member

The files were already set to 755, but I set it to 755 anyway but still no luck.

When I open iPhysics or gpSPhone the screen just stays white, then goes back to the home page around 30 seconds later.

I'm sorry if I'm being a pain in the ass, but I would like to know how I could fix this >.<

Thanks in advance, one more time.