Ssh problem

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by drowned, Dec 1, 2008.

1. drowned

drowned New Member

I am attempting to ssh with winscp on my JB itouch 2.2 and it is giving me a network error: connection timed out. SSh is turned on, (checked in sbsettings, and also have toggle ssh enabled) and winscp settings are accurate in regards to host name being the ip address of the itouch, username root, pass alpine. I am hardwired on the computer and connected wirelessly with the itouch. Unix subsystem is installed and open SSL. Any ideas as to what the hold up is?
  2. Simondude56

Simondude56 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Your IP address might have changed or something. It's weird, I know, but it does happen to me. For example, the last two digits changed by going up 1 value. Try re-checking and then typing it in.
  3. drowned

drowned New Member

Ip is still the same. The router ip is slightly different but the ip address has not changed

[Edit] Just found out that the wireless connection that the itouch is connected to is the same network, but possibly a different subnet mask, seeing as the computer I am attempting to winscp with is wired to the network. Would that make it not able to see the itouch?
  4. ThunderBull4

ThunderBull4 New Member

no regardless of how they are connected to the network, as long as it's the same network, it should work. Hmm.... try re installing open ssl?