SSH problem with 1.1.3 jailbreak

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.3 Jailbreak' started by markomite, Jan 26, 2008.

1. markomite

markomite New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I have just upgraded my ipod touch to 1.1.3, and I am trying to SSH into my ipod using fugu. I followed all of the normal steps, typing in the IP address, username root, etc, but it gives me a message saying:

@ WARNING: REMOTE HOST IDENTIFICATION CHANGED! @

I tried to install the open ssh patch from installer and i didn't see it there. maybe I just need to have the source for it, and install it, but maybe not. can anyone help me with this? I have searched, and another person had the same problem with the remote host identification. how do you change it back?

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. elguapo76

elguapo76 New Member

I have the same issue. It seems to be a problem with ssh not working on the ipod side. I'm trying to find a way to transfer files to the ipod with a Mac but so far I haven't found anything that works. It seems Drop Copy is also incompatible with 1.1.3.
  3. elguapo76

elguapo76 New Member

Ok figured out a fix, you have to change your ipod's IP Address. I did this by going into my router settings and assigning it a different IP manually. Sure enough it worked.
  4. markomite

markomite New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Or, I have just figured out, in a mac, go to the user folder, hit shift-command-G, and type in ".ssh" (no quotes). then, delete the file you get, called known_hosts.

THANKS =]
    peace