SSH problem (getting PDF's, roms, etc... on ipod touch) PLEASE HELP!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ajh999, Dec 29, 2007.

1. ajh999

ajh999 New Member

Hey guys, I want to get GBA roms and PDF's on my ipod touch. In order to do that, I need to use WinSCP or CuteFTTP or whatever its called.

In WinSCP, i put the Host name as the IP adress, port #: 22 Username: Root Password:alpine

but it still wont connect!!! CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP ME?!?!?!?!
  2. plg6067

plg6067 New Member

On your iPod you should have an icon that looks like a light switch and is called SSH, open the and turn OpenSSH on
    that should fix it.
  3. DerekVOF

DerekVOF Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Don't forget that the username is root not Root.

Also, make sure to turn on SSH (as plg6067 said) and Wi-Fi, and turn OFF autolock...
  4. Phrizzle

Phrizzle Member

If SFTP program isnt working for you, just connect your iPoT, and install iPhoneBrowser. Navigate to /var/root/Media and make a new folder called ROMs. Inside that folder make a new folder called GBA. Just drag and drop your gameboy roms in that folder and they should show up.
  5. ajh999

ajh999 New Member

Ya but heres the problem.... I installed the services app (the one like a light switch), and i opened it and i saw SSH and it said On. But like 2 seconds later, it dissapeared. I reinstalled it and the samething happened.

WHY IS THAT?
  6. mphype

mphype New Member

if services.app doesnt work for you (i had the same problem you did with it disapearing)

then through installer.app, install "BSD subsystem" if you dont already have it, then "Open SSH"
    i dont remember exactly what section of installer they are in (i think utilities) but if not the search in "All Packages" and find it there and you should be set!

I actually prefer Open SSH over services.app, its seemless and requires no toggle on or off.

ANYWAYS ...... hope that helps

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. ajh999

ajh999 New Member

Thaaaaaaank Youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It Worked