ssh pictures

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by franky_402, Feb 24, 2009.

1. franky_402

franky_402 New Member

ok so when i plug in my ipod i can see the internal storage that shows the pictures i have on there, they are in jpg format, however it wont let me add files to this folder that are also in jpg format. Itunes wouldn't let me drop them onto my ipod saying that it couldn;t play them, so i was able to sync them over but now it has three different folders. on my computer i had folder 1 with four pictures, and folder 2 with four pictures, now on my ipod i have folder 1 with 4 pictures, folder 2 with four pictures, and photo library with all eight pictures. i wanted to save all the pictures with no other folders into the saved photos. so i go to delete these and no go. doesn't even give me the option. Itunes is pissing me off right now. i hate how it manages the files, i would be totally happy with sorting my own sh*t thru explorer. so i know how to ssh and all that jazz, but i need to know where to navigate to delete the three unwanted folders and put the eight pictures i want on the touch into the saved photos folder?? I know it shoudl be possible thru ssh i just don't know where in the directory they are, using Winscp which i tried lookin for a find function to no prevail. Thanks for the help in advance
  2. franky_402

franky_402 New Member

TTT

any thing for me to try???
  3. franky_402

franky_402 New Member

seriously, so not one person on this forum has any idea's???
  4. Ruamrudee

Ruamrudee Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
  5. franky_402

franky_402 New Member

thanks and i actually did search, didnt find anything that helped me

that is not the right firectory, that shows me the pictures that i can view when i connect to my computer, i need the dir where itunes put the pictures that i synced over cuz i want them in a different folder, and my ipod wont let me delete them
  6. bound_by_da_key

bound_by_da_key New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    isn't that just for wallpapers? btw the ipod touch can't read .jpgs only .png works.
    --------
    tried and failed with .jpg^^
  7. ablindguy522

ablindguy522 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Um, I know this is really really late, but just FYI, when you "Save Image" from a Safari page, it downloads it as a jpg
  8. awsome8

awsome8 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    the destination is var/stash/wallpaper.az2gsy (yours might not have that extension after the wallpaper folder but mine did)i'm pretty sure it has to be .png so open up the picture in paint on ur computer and then save it as a .png if it wasn't already
  9. narwal13

narwal13 Active Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    use iFunbox and click on the Camera button. Then SSH pics in. I do it all the time.