SSH on Ubuntu 8.04

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by SrH420, Jul 5, 2008.

1. SrH420

SrH420 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hello. I have recently installed Ubuntu Hardy Heron on my old Windows XP machine(hence my large non-activity gap), and I've just learned how to SSH my iPod using built in tools in this release(this will more than likely work in any Gnome based Linux). First, after you have jailbroken your ipod and installed the proper tools and libraries, add the "Connect to Server" app to a panel in Ubuntu(top panel recommended). Next, click it and configure the server to connect via SSH with your iPod's IP address as the server location, no port, folder "/" and username as root. Then, click the connect button. A widget will come up and say that it isn't a trusted server. Ignore this and connect anyways. When the password widget pops up, enter your iPod's password(if unedited it will be "alpine". Then your file browser will open your iPod at / and display all of the contents as if it were mounted. As a matter of fact, it IS mounted. You have a new icon on your desktop(or wherever your drives are usually mounted) that will open your iPod in file browser.
  2. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
  3. stabbyjoe12

stabbyjoe12 Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G