ssh LEGAL app

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by 42395_skyline, Apr 8, 2009.

1. 42395_skyline

42395_skyline Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    ok so i got the photoinspect promo code so i downloaded it but i really dont want to sync my ipod touch. i will lose some apps that i dont want to lose. can i ssh photoinspect to my ipod? i opened it and tried to ssh the .app but it opens and crashes rite away. or is there a way i can only sync that one app without losing my other apps? please help. and its NOT a cracked app i swear its from itunes.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    any one??
  2. Sarcasm Siempre

Sarcasm Siempre New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    The only reason you would lose "apps you don't want to lose" is if they were cracked, because otherwise they would sync with iTunes.
  3. deadfire55

deadfire55 Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I think if you installed gUIcache from cydia community sources and dropped the .ipa file of your app into /Applications, it would work.
  4. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Hi there,

Now that you've redeemed this 'promo code' in iTunes, go to that same application on the App Store on your iPod and download it. It won't charge you again and will notify you saying something along the lines of "you have already purchased this application. download now?"

For the future, the downloads tab of the iTunes application on your iPod has a redeem button.
  5. 42395_skyline

Device:
    iPhone 6
    my itunes does not have anything on it so it said if i sync it will delete my songs and apps. i dont care about my songs because i have a backup i can just ssh in. i only care about my apps. but what i should of said was "files i dont want to lose." but the only files i dont want to lose are my apps. i only have a few apps i care about so yea theres certain apps i use everyday i can not lose.
  6. Ipwnnubletz

Ipwnnubletz Banned

The apps won't delete. If you sync, it'll only delete your songs and videos, not your apps. iTunes will just ask you to transfer purchases to your computer.
  7. 42395_skyline

Device:
    iPhone 6
    ok thanks. i have seen the redeem button but i wasnt sure if it worked for apps and i didnt want to use the code and never be able to get my app.
    oh really? i didnt know that. thanks. now i dont have to worry about syncing

Please Register or Log in to view images

but i still rather redeem on my ipod. it takes to long to sync. i ssh pictures videos and my songs in. i am against syncing

Please Register or Log in to view images

the worst thing ever. lolz
    umm i cant find the app in the appstore any more? is there a way to ssh it? if not then never mind. im to lazy to sync then put in all the songs and videos again. ill sync it when i get my new lap top in 2-4 weeks for my birthday. ill be forced to sync.