SSH installed Apps will not open?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by simosimo, Aug 31, 2008.

1. simosimo

simosimo New Member

Hey there - new to the touch scene and hope some of you better informed can help me out here. I tried searching for this particular issue, but nothing satisfactory came up.

Here's my problem. I've jailbroken my touch, running the 2.0 firmware. I downloaded openSSH, got cyberduck running, and tried to put some apps on the touch. It seemed to work - when I transferred the apps (mobile finder and solena, a pdf reader) they showed up fine on the touch along with all the other 'official' apps. However, when I try to open them, they crash. That is, they open on the touch's screen for about 1 second before booting me back to the app menu. All of the 'official' apps, as well as my music and photo library work fine.

Anyone have an idea of what is going on, or what I can do to fix it? Much thanks!
  2. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    This forum is not a place to discuss cracked applications. You must pay for MobileFinder. The answer is simple, but I am prevented by the site's rules to tell you.

Anyway, welcome to the forums.
  3. cacman93

cacman93 Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    In cyberduck, ssh into your apps folder and then right click on the folder, go to info, and then make sure that the permissions is set to 777, and then click apply permissions recursively. good luck.
  4. yankees101

yankees101 Banned

dude, this site is so strict about this, i would have done that, but hey, he might not be talking about cracked apps.

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. cacman93

cacman93 Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    who said anything about cracked apps? only the last guy said anything about cracked apps? mayble his mobile thing was a different thing. all i told him to do was fix his app problem. i didn't link him to cracked apps. all i did was tell him how to fix his app problem.
  6. simosimo

simosimo New Member

Hi hellrider, thanks for replying.

Just to clarify, I'm not looking to discuss cracked applications - I'm looking to add applications that apple doesn't provide that will allow me to get more out of my touch. the finder and solana apps I DL'd were not cracked versions of paid software, but rather (as far as I can tell) open source software taken from the google code project (http://code.google.com/p/mobilefinder/)

So basically - I dont want help cracking anything - I only want help making my touch accept legitimate 3rd party applications added through by ssh.

Think you can help me?
  7. cacman93

cacman93 Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Dude, try my post.

TOLD you guys this wasn't a cracked app store mobile finder, it's a different one, follow the google code, it tells you.
  8. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Thanks for the expalanation. You posted this in a section referring to firmware 2.x, so I assumed it was cracked. What you downloaded (legally) from the GoogleCode page is for 1.1.4 or lower, I believe.

@ cacman

The MobileFinder for 2.0 costs $1.99. The OP posted in a 2.0 section. Any sane person could have thought that the app was cracked.

Do what cacman93 said.
  9. cacman93

cacman93 Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    oh true ,true, hellrider, didn't think about that.lol

YEAH BRO IT WON"T WORK IF YOU ARE ON 2.0.
  10. simosimo

simosimo New Member

Aha - perhaps we have the nub of the problem then - is it likely that the reason these apps aren't working is that they are for the old firmware? I've tried changing all of the permissions, and no dice.