SSH help

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Tristanhs, Jul 24, 2009.

1. Tristanhs

Tristanhs New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I recently re-jailbroke my ipod touch 2g from 2.2.1 to 3.0 all went well. i am now trying to change the rss feed for I-Ticker from cydia. i did this once before in 2.2.1 os i know how to. the problem is when i type in my ip adress and root, alpine bla bla in win scp i get a pop up that baisacly says it thinks my 3.0 ipod touch isnt the same one as my 2.2.1. and when i clicked skip, all of my stuff(themes...) from my previous jailbreak where there and when i went to change the rss it didn;t affect the actual rss at all i also cant add, delete change themes using win scp. is there something i can do to make win scp work for my ipod again?
  2. wyndwarrior

wyndwarrior Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Try iFunBox instead, it uses USB connection.
  3. Schtac

Schtac Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Try changing of programm, try Iphonebrowser
  4. Tristanhs

Tristanhs New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    will this work for ipod touch? and is it wifi or usb, i would prefer a wifi one but i can manage with usb i geuss
  5. harveyrs

harveyrs New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I agree I use iFunBox it is faster and it hasn't given me any trouble yet. It works for all Devices and Firmwares, and it has a GUI so it is a lot easier to work with.
  6. Vesper

Vesper Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    the trick I've discovered for WinSCP is to set up the connection as you normally would. Then open your toggles (Boss Prefs or SBSettings) and turn off your wifi. make sure the SSH toggle on on of course. now hit Login on WinSCP and as it searches turn your wifi switch back on. It will find it. It's a little extra work but I find that WinSCP browses faster than most other programs I've tried. The transfer is slower than USB unless you have a fast and solid connection.

It's up to you. just something I've learned to do.