SSH Help! (i've tried everything...)

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.4 Jailbreak' started by olibomb, Apr 1, 2008.

1. olibomb

olibomb New Member

i've been looking for hours now and tried everything but nothings working... autolock is turned to 'never'. i have downloaded Services and it says SSH is on... i have also got BossPrefs which says SHH is on, i have even downloaded 'Open SSH' but it doesn't appear as one of my icons...?

I then go onto an FTP program (WinSCP) and put my correct i.p address and the username: root and password: alpine

and all it says is connection refused, if anyone has any other ideas i'd be very grateful!
  2. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    You need to use the SFTP protocol on winscp and not the FTP protocol. Also make sure it's on Port 22. The first time to connect make a take a min while it creates the keys and then it should work fine
  3. sambo898

sambo898 New Member

have no fear!

look at my post. it doesnt require winscp, or cuteftp at all. just a programme.

heres the link http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?p=446432

i know. SSH is difficult to me too!

read and it'll definitly work. no alpine or root password %^&*!
  4. mikesgroove

mikesgroove New Member

I've been lucky, never had a problem with SSH. Though, at my house, it doesn't work, but my WIFI comes from a Meraki Network that my neighborhood started up so we could have free internet in the downtown business district and the neighborhoods surrounding it. SSH doesn't work for me there, but it does everywhere else. I say this only just in case your internet is a similar situation. I'm sure if I was able to reset the whole network I would have success, but I can only reset my individual repeater.

Also, "Open SSH" is the first thing you should download, you must have this first, and it isn't an app in the sense that you will be able to launch it from your springboard. It's in the "background" so to speak and is always on unless you turn it off with services or boss tools.

Have you tries resetting your router. I was at my parents, and simply unplugging it and plugging it back in solved my no-connect issue there. SInce then I it's always worked. Try that if you haven't already. Maybe try doing a re-install of Open SSH as well. Ad there's always the restore-and-re-jailbreak option

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. olibomb

olibomb New Member

^^
    i thought that would work but i've clicked on the red star, the browser has recognised my ipod but it just has

root:
    DCIM
    Downloads
    iTunes_Control

where are my other folders???
  6. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Did you try what I said? If you want to use that inferior method you most likely need to install the AFC2 Fix. The source is: fireonfive.com/repo
  7. olibomb

olibomb New Member

this doesn't work for me either, it opens up something which has a library folder but no 'media' folder...

8. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    It may not have a Media folder, you may have to create it yourself. Do you know how to naviagate through the directories using winscp?
  9. olibomb

olibomb New Member

i'm now hearing that if you downgrade with ziphone then you can't ssh with it... is this right?
  10. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    No SSH works fine. If you connected using winscp already then it will work, you just need to know how to navigate through the directories.