SSH help in 1.1.4

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.4 Discussions' started by htdevane, Mar 25, 2008.

1. htdevane

htdevane New Member

I currently jailbroke my touch yesterday using ipodtouchmasters way and when i tried to jailbreak it says Network COnnection timed out...I deleted the old file and created a new one and it says the same thing....I even tried to use iphonebrower and nothing, can someone show me how to SSH in 1.1.4??
  2. touchey

touchey New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Restore in 1.1.4 and use ziphone 2.6 and be done with it - this is the easiest way ever. Download at ziphone.org click on touch jailbreak wait 45 seconds - your done. To answer your question, you SSH the same as any
  3. mike01

mike01 New Member

Unfortunately Ziphone doesn't always work. I installed the BSD subsystem and open ssh and still no dough, I get the oh so frustrating "connection timed out". And it's not my wireless or my sftp client because it works fine with my other ipod touch on a 1.1.1 fw.
  4. stromboli1994

stromboli1994 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    well iphonebrowser should work fine, since that doesn't even use SSH or wi-fi, it works through the USB connection
  5. awal

awal Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I've been having the same problem and the only way it ever works is if I reboot the iPod (as in powering off and back on, NOT putting it to sleep) and immediately log in without touching anything. It's annoying, but it works.

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. NewToTheGrounds

NewToTheGrounds Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    i have the same problem mine times out to, i found if i run safari like just make it go to yahoo than ssh connects with out a problem