SSH from iPod touch into home computer

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by xrollin9ston3x67, Dec 27, 2008.

1. xrollin9ston3x67

xrollin9ston3x67 New Member

Is there any way I can SSH or access my home computer from my ipod touch? I want to be able to pull songs from my computer without having to physically plug my ipod into the computer.
  2. ZunePod

ZunePod Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    ummm, no. Air Sharing maybe?
  3. skpx

skpx New Member

if you had access to the terminal on the ipod locally and could be able to type or pipe commands to the ssh daemon and then just transfer that way. it would be like a SSH tunnel.

iPod -> interweb -> home_box

assuming you would have sshd listening on the remote host and be connected to a hotspot or somthing that is connected to the internet.

but i have no idea if anyone has developed an app for that yet. as far as local access to the shell and being able to interact with it straight from the ipod or not.
  4. Fer666

Fer666 New Member

Hello, if you are using linux with KDE, you can open konqueror and put this in location:

fish://root@192.168.1.150:22/

put the IP of your ipod.
    then, type the root password (default=alpine)

then you get your konqueror open showing your ipod directory tree, then you can cut, copy and paste files in the same way you do with your home files.

Good luck