SSH for Ubuntu 10.04

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mk211, May 28, 2010.

1. mk211

mk211 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    This will help you SSH into your iPod/iPhone in Ubuntu 10.04 LTS (Lucid Lynx) in 5 steps without any third-party softwares.

1.Connect your computer (running Ubuntu) and your iPod/iPhone to the same wifi network.

2.Enable SSH on your iPod/iPhone (using the SBsettings toggle or using any other method).

3.In the top panel on your computer, click "Places">"Connect to Server.."
    1.jpg

4.jpg

4.Choose the following settings (for "Server", enter the wifi IP address of your iPod/iPhone) and then click "Connect" -
    2.jpg

5.After a few seconds, it prompts for a Password. Type it in and click "Connect" (default is "alpine" without quotes) and you're done!
    3.jpg
  2. audk14

audk14 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
  3. lotsostuff

lotsostuff New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Nice tip! I've been looking for this. But right now, my WiFi is really messed up and only works half the time, and when it does, it's painfully slow. So my question to you is: Is there any way to SSH into your iPod/iPhone without wifi? Like on Windows, the program "iPhone Browser". Do you of any way you could do this? If not, that is totally O.K
  4. palz

palz Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    This works in 9.04 and up, afaik.
  5. Jverm

Jverm New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Yeah just download i-funbox. it lets you just use a basic program to view all the files on your touch without wifi. you only need it connected to the computer
  6. Young Katbodi

Young Katbodi Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Or you could get FileZilla which is compatible with all Linux Flavors and then use that to SSH into your iDevice.
  7. feelingleftout

feelingleftout Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    I had a post on here about a week or so ago for SSHing using an Ad Hoc network on Ubuntu. I don't have internet at my house, so that's what I do. I couldn't get WINE to run iPhoneBrowser anyways.