sry, I haz Fail!

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by PCKid, Jan 5, 2009.

1. PCKid

PCKid New Member

Seen a few threads with this prob but no real solution. What I have is a friend's iPhone 2G. I did this once for him on my Mac with Pwnage no probs. He then (foolishly) went into Settings, General, Reset and reset some things. Then all he got was the pineapple and spinning logo. So I did a hard reset and via itunes latest restored the iPhone to a native 2.2. Obviously when I turn it on it asks for the sim card which I don't have.

So I load Pwnage select iPhone and simple and let it look for the correct firmware on my drive (version iPhone1,1_2.2_5G77_Restore.ipw). Carry on to start the creation of the custom one. Then asks for my username password. Then it carries on or a few secs then the kitty with the sry, I haz Fail! screen. Any help appreciated.
  2. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    1. Put a simcard in.
    2. There's no such thing as an iPhone 2G.
  3. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    For the iPhone 2G, yes it is referred to as that, you will need a sim card to activate with iTunes but not for the jailbreak. Place a copy of the firmware on your desktop, make sure you have the latest Quickpwn and iTunes. Do that it should run through fine. If you go to a mobile phone store they may give you an old sim card for free.