Square vs rounded icons

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by coda vex, Dec 2, 2009.

1. coda vex

coda vex New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    What determines whether an icon is rounded besides the icon.png file? I was replacing some icons with iPhone browswer and couple of my app icons will take the image of the new icon which is square but will round the corners like the original app icon.

Like I said, the png image that I made is square (has corners) so how do I get it to stay square when I replace the icon.png?
  2. Chicken

Chicken Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    In some apps in their Info.plist there is a key called "UIPrerenderedIcon" if this is present it will not round the corners or add a shine. If you want to stay square you will have to add this key to each Info.plist
  3. coda vex

coda vex New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Chicken thanks. Can you give an example of how I could add this line?

This it what it looks like now.

bplist00�

!_CFBundleVersion_CFBundleIdentifier]NSMainNibFile_CFBundleIconFile_CFBundleExecutableYDTSDKName_MinimumOSVersion_CFBundleDevelopmentRegion^DTPlatformName_CFBundleInfoDictionaryVersion_CFBundleResourceSpecification_CFBundleSupportedPlatforms_CFBundleDisplayName_CFBundleSignature_CFBundlePackageType_LSRequiresIPhoneOS\CFBundleNameS2.2_com.clearchannel.iheartradioZMainWindowXicon.png[iheartradio[iphoneos2.0S2.0RenXiphoneosS6.0_ResourceRules.plist�XiPhoneOST????TAPPL
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Think I got it.

------------------double post merged------------------
    .... or not.

Here's the thing that screws me up. Total noob so please bear with me. IN many examples like the one above these keys have these symbols "<" ">" , but when I open up the plist in word pad it shows a bunch of boxes instead of arrows. Is this just a font thing?

I tried to cut and paste the <key>UI........ into wordpad but my icon disappeared so I obviously have it in the wrong place or format or both. *sigh*
  4. cjschriver3

cjschriver3 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    open it in notepad instead?

actually i find that the best thing to do is to open a plist in either iFile on the iPod or SSh in and open it with WinSCP and a rightclick>edit

either of these will give you the proper formatting as far as lines and returns and not the wall to wall wordwrap that you get with notepad

makes it much easier to find what you are looking for
  5. Baggy Spandex

Baggy Spandex Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    ^agreed. use a good plist editor