SpringJumps Icon Labels

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by ZMOBtiger, Mar 11, 2009.

1. ZMOBtiger

ZMOBtiger New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I know, I know, I am once again asking about icon labels, shouldn't I have this down by now? Well, for the most part I do, but with this app things are different. This question is most directed towards SpringJumps' developers I guess, but is it possible to change the labels of the icons? i.e., rename "Page 1" to "Games." I tried changing the name in the info.plist of each shortcut as well as adding the identifier to the LocalizedApplicationNames.string, but neither of these methods did anything. I am liking SpringJumps so far, but think that the ability to rename the shortcuts to whatever you want is a good idea for an update.

EDIT: This is already built in (thanks devs) simply click on the jump you want to rename in the springboard app
  2. leram84

leram84 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    r u trying to do this w WB? cause i can do it, but not with wb. go to Root/Applications/_shortcut_0.app/info.plist:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
    <plist version="1.0">
    <dict>
    <key>CFBundleDisplayName</key>
    <string>Page 0</string>
    <key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
    <string>jp.ashikase.springjumps.0</string>
    </dict>
    </plist>

and replace "Page 0" to "whatever u want".

...and the student becomes the teacher, lol. prob not tho, haha, most likely, u already knew this and u were looking for a way to do this through WB, lol.

Attached Files:

3. leram84

leram84 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    oh, and btw, i just realized something else, this also changes the name at the top of the page. so since i changed the "Page 0" to "Leram84" it also says "Leram84" at the top of the first page in the SB.
  4. ZMOBtiger

ZMOBtiger New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I tried this, but nothing changed...aren't you on 2.2.1? The google source homepage says that you can change the name, but I think that version is still being tested.
  5. leram84

leram84 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    ahh, ur right, i did this on 2.2.0. Ill try on my 2.2.1 2g iphone now
  6. leram84

leram84 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    works fine. I just did the same thing on my 2g, 2.2.1 and its all good. This may sound stupid, but when u replace the plist, try first deleting the old one, and then replacing it with the new one. I have noticed that some system files don't behave properly when .plist or .string files are REPLACED.

Attached Files:

7. leram84

leram84 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    haha, sorry wrong ss. here u go.

Attached Files:

8. ZMOBtiger

ZMOBtiger New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Weird...that just does not work for me.
  9. leram84

leram84 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    have u tried turning all ur themes off? u mod a lot of .string files, and u may have a conflict there
  10. ZMOBtiger

ZMOBtiger New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Okay...I feel stupid...all you have to do is click on the "jump" in the SpringJump app itself and it allows you to change the name from there...wow...you think I would have tried that