Springboards Icons Re-arranging after App Store App Upgrade?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by [AFX], Oct 16, 2010.

1. [AFX]

[AFX] Well-Known Member

yeah pretty much as the title suggests, has anyone here had an issue when updating an app from the App Store, any icons that you might of had in folders would just randomly appear back out on the Springboard? i thought it might of been Infinifolders but after uninstalling that and attemping an update via App Store, the same problem happened.

i have an iPT 4G jailbroken. restoring the device is next on the list but i was curious if anyone else had this issue.
  2. lunchmeats101

lunchmeats101 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Yeah. I've had this problem before. Just a small glitch, I just put it back in the folder and it doesn't happen again.
  3. Swift

Swift Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    Does this happen by simply clicking check for updates? Even when there's no new update?
  4. [AFX]

[AFX] Well-Known Member

only when doing an update. even if i put the icons back into the folders, it happens again when i do another update. another problem is that because i have 5 icon dock installed, this little "side effect" also takes an icon off of the dock and places it on the Springboard as well. a little annoying having to re-arrange the icons all of the time. never happened when i was jailbroken, so i am assuming its some tweak i have installed or its the jailbreak in general, though im leaning on the former.

EDIT: yes, i was correct. the tweak in question was Folders in Folders. i have removed the tweak and the problem no longer happens. i figured it was this one because after i removed it, my Springboard was a mess after restarting Springboard, so i fixed it up doing another update and did not mess it up again.
  5. tinyman392

tinyman392 Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    I know what it is... kind of... When InfiniFolders is installed, it also installs another package that stops anything from editing your SpringBoard and sets it back to "normal" (What it thinks "normal" is; which isn't normal to you). I don't know the name of this package, but InfiniFolders, InfiniDock, and InfiniBoard all depend on it to work... You'd have to look through your packages and figure out which one it is... I believe it started with "lib". Sorry I can't help you further.

You'd have to wait for this bug to be fixed, or send the developer of InfiniFolders information about this bug.
  6. [AFX]

[AFX] Well-Known Member

read my edit heh, solved. infinifolders was not the issue as i dont have it anymore after installing it. thanks anyway.
  7. Jordy CDS

Jordy CDS Banned

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Never happened to me, probably just Infinifolders.
  8. tinyman392

Device:
    iPhone 6
    It's not InfiniFolders, it's the other package that's still on your iPod. It remains on there to after InfiniFolders is uninstalled. But if you install InfiniFolders (or other "Infini-" tweak) it installs with it because it's Dependant on it. I know it's not InfiniFolders, it's another package on Cydia that is currently installed that starts with "lib".
  9. [AFX]

[AFX] Well-Known Member

yes, you are right, it wasnt infinifolders, it was another app just as i had already suggested (Folders in Folders). i understand what you are saying but i dont think you understand what i said. i dont have anything *lib* in cydia after the uninstallation of infinifolders...

either way, its resolved.
  10. tinyman392

Device:
    iPhone 6
    That's good. Well, at least it's over with now.

Please Register or Log in to view images