Springboard will not stop resetting

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by Expecto, Nov 4, 2007.

1. Expecto

Expecto New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    So I used the hex edited Customize to get rearranged icons and such today. At first all that worked fine and the world was happy. Then I decide I want to change my "carrier" image. Well that feature doesn't work on Customize so I decided to change the images myself. I had seen other people do it with complete success. Well, I changed the images and rebooted and now Springboard keeps resetting and resetting. I don't have SummerBoard on dim wallpaper. People keep asking that. Also, i can still SSH and SFTP into my device. I can hold down both buttons to reboot as well.

If I run a program through SSH, it works, but I can't use the program. It just restarted again. I'm getting disheartened. I can still sync with iTunes, as that's one of the first things I did in case a restore was needed, but it doesn't show the "Sync in Progress" screen.

Anybody got any ideas?
  2. 3CKO

3CKO New Member

have you tried deleting summerboard and rebooting via ssh
  3. Expecto

Expecto New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i can't really delete summerboard. Plus i don't think it's summerboard. Summerboard ran fine for 3 weeks. Then again...

also i just tried letting a program from ssh sit to run down the battery. well the ipod eventually rebooted and the springboard phenomenon happened again.