springboard.strings messed up

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by dukaseen, Oct 22, 2007.

1. dukaseen

dukaseen New Member

hey everyone!

love this site, great threads and posters!

i am a new itouch, 8g user, who just jailbroke the the touch last night. i then went and successfully uploaded ROMs for the NES emulator. i then decided to change my 'slide to unlock' and the other slider and sync tag lines, but somehow f***ed it up. now ive got weird msg's for all those things.

when it asks to slide to unlock it says, "AWAY_LOCK", and for powering down "POWER_DOWN"

i tried fixing this problem by modifying the springboard.strings document, but failed, and i still have these problems. if someone has any suggestions or they could send me a good springboard.strings document, at willy_1987@hotmail.com that would be really really great, as i want to avoid having to do a hard reset and device restoration over these little codes :S thanks again!
  2. Collateral

Collateral Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
  3. dukaseen

dukaseen New Member

hey thanks! so i got customize to work, i can change some things thru this app, but i cant figure out how to change the 'slide to' and 'sync' titles from this. i tried figuring it out from your other thread but i still cant figure it. :S
  4. Bsbllnumber24

Bsbllnumber24 New Member

hey how did yo download the roms for the NES emulator?
  5. wminter

wminter New Member

Mine did the same thing when I tried to change 'slide to unlock' and 'sync in progress.' Mine messed up, I think, because the phrase i typed in was too long. It was 15 characters, when i shrunk it to 14 characters it worked fine.
  6. dukaseen

dukaseen New Member

i dont think that was the problem, i made sure my new title were less then 15 characters long. i was able to successfully get customize 1.3 to work but cant see/find how to modify it through this.
  7. hy565

hy565 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    hmm I have the same problem with the custom text part.

seems like we need a special app to edit the string instead of wordpad/MSword. either that or we are doing something wrong.

For those who succeeded, what programs did you use to edit the strings? not textedit please I'm running on WinXP
  8. dukaseen

dukaseen New Member

im on mbp and used textedit, and just saved over the springboard.strings doc that i downloaded, then just replace it on the touch with the one that i modified, but am still getting this error
  9. HaGGardSmurf

HaGGardSmurf New Member

Simple fix...

If you have this error here is the original file:
    [LINK REMOVED - COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT]

Also included in that pack is my edited version and it works 100%

The way I edited it was using MS word 2007. It is so simple... (it saves as .strings.xml so remove the .xml and upload it to your ipod and it will be good)
  10. Robinson777

Robinson777 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    wheres this located? (the file)