Springboard problem

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by Dabone, Feb 23, 2009.

1. Dabone

Dabone Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    So I used cyw00d's 1.7 tethered GUI jailbreak, but everytime I reboot my ipod, all of the icons are mixed up and were not where I left them before I turned of my ipod.

Is there a solution to this?
  2. hyperstalker

hyperstalker Member

Device:
    HTC One
    eh same thing happened to me but that was just because i always had to restart my springboard. my suggestion is to use catagories works beautifully.
  3. Dabone

Dabone Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    What's catagories?
  4. iScorp

iScorp Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Categories lets you put your apps in maps. If you want it, search for it on cydia.
  5. Mr X

Mr X New Member

It lets you put your apps into folders, but when editing those folders, it crashes quite often... Usually just because of low memory.
  6. SiN Altr Ego EL

SiN Altr Ego EL New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    see.. thats y i don't trust the GUIs... cause stuff like this happens. i jailbroke mine tethered, competely manual. and when i have to restore, it doesn't mess with my stuff..

and here is a simple way to fix the problem with categories crashing.

1) don't work too fast. don't rapidly tap the screen to try and get things done faster. if u take ur time, it won't crash.

2) don't do too much at once. don't put like 50 apps in a folder in one shot. do like 10-15, and then respring, and then do the rest in sets. i know its painstakingly slow for the repsring, but honestly, its btr than having to reboot everytime u mess up.. cause when it crashed for me, i had to reboot completely. so... yeah