Springboard not updating?

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by countgriffith, Jan 9, 2008.

1. countgriffith

countgriffith New Member

I have installed a couple themes, but when I go into the utility and set any theme nothing happens after restarting the springboard (sorry, I'd be more specific with program names but I don't want to misspell them as I don't have my iTouch with me right now).

The iTouch is Jailbroken (via the guides found here) and 1.1.2. I've installed other apps such as the GoogleMaps utility and a nifty converter I found just fine, I just can't seem to get the themes to work

Please Register or Log in to view images

Is there a setting I may have missed?

Just thought I'd point out that yes, I've seen the CuteFTP pro video. I've tried both methods (within the iTouch's installed program and via ssh) Themes just don't like me

UPDATE: Got it working now... completely shutdown and restarted my iTouch a couple times and themes are working perfectly now.

2. Quantumchaos87

Quantumchaos87 New Member

Bump

Bumping this thread, I to have the same issue. Down graded from 1.1.2 to 1.1.1. Themes simply do not replace the default Ipod touch theme. However, somethings do change like a background with dimming (one you have to set yourself or it'll stay black so not the theme wallpaper) but icons remain the same.
  3. Wintergon

Wintergon New Member

Same issue here too....themes wont change.

*** Found the answer...you have to turn your device physically off the 1st time and then back on. Press and hold the power/sleep button. Once I did that all was cool.
  4. bronco

bronco New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I tried repowering and it helped with the theme issue. Now the problem I am having is that when I reorder icons with customize.app, nothing is moving when I refresh.
  5. jlb8soccer

jlb8soccer Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Well, I would like to help you but I think you should post in the approriate section first. If you didn't notice sections were put here so these situations would not happen.