springboard keeps crashing!

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by stephan001, Jul 28, 2009.

1. stephan001

stephan001 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hey guys, so i had this problem in 2.2.1 and now 3.0 all for one reason a theme. on 2.2.1 i installed inav red(or something like that.. to lazy to find out

Please Register or Log in to view images

) and after i leave it over night my springboard crashed. and after some advice i upgraded to 3.0 and thought this would help my situation. But it didnt

... lol

On 2.2.1 after i install the theme and leave it overnight it woould crash. no i didnt even install the theme and it crashed. I'm thinking this is because of iblank cuz' i haave so many icons... so is it... ill edit if i find the problem.. could anyone help me out plzz

2. Vince

Vince Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    It's because of the blank icons as well as the use of Categories. If you look in SBsettings there should be something that says "Available Memory" if that number is less than 10 you're probably going to have issues. The solution: if it's an iNav with only 1 icon on each page (using Categories, not Springjumps) you can install the 1*1 springboard off of Cydia (not sure if it works on 3.0 but it should) and that will eliminate your need for Blank icons. Otherwise just stay away from iNav themes.
  3. Appman

Appman Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I to had the same problem. Just get rid of alot of iblank apps.
  4. stephan001

stephan001 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    thanks for the reply

i though as much.. it was the blank icons... i dont really use sbsetting as i heard it drains battery fast and other issues so im not going into that. im not quit understanding what your talking about

... ill read it again 2maro and see what i can make out of it as its really late now and i need some sleep lol.. thax bro

5. Appman

Appman Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Just don't use themes that require alot of blank apps, such as inav. The blank apps eat up alot of memory, so delete ones u don't need.
    P.S. Keep sbsettings if an app ever crashes sometimes the only thing that works is the status bar.

If u have any more questions or don't get what I'm talking about just tell me.
  6. stephan001

stephan001 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    haha my themes dont even work anymore lol... ima have to see what i have to do before i come back here... well time to go hunting for a thread with the info i need

ill think about downloading sbsettings but i want to solve my winterboard problem first.. and for some reason in iblank when i click a certain number like 5.. it would give me lots more.. like im talkin 3 pages of blank icons. So i deleted it and instaleed blanknull lol