Springboard keeps crashing

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by oneofthefallen67, Apr 12, 2009.

1. oneofthefallen67

oneofthefallen67 New Member

Hey, everytime I turn my iPod Touch on it keeps saying springboard has crashed. Normally I can fix it like everyone else by hitting the restart button that pops up, but when it reboots it says it has crashed again. I thought maybe it was because of one of the three recent things I downloaded from Cydia, so I uninstalled them but it didn't make a difference. The only way I can get my iPod out of safe mode is by turning it off (holding the power button for a few seconds), but once I turn it off normally or respring etc it crashed again.

I know about DFU mode, and I was going to try it, but I don't remember, if you put your iPod in DFU mode, isn't the only way you can get it out of DFU mode is by installing a new firmware/rejailbreaking it? Please help me find a way to get my iPod back to normal. I guess if the only way to do it is by rejailbreaking it I can just backup my apps and themes and stuff by using Chronus. Thanks in advance

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Unreal Boy

Unreal Boy Member

Device:
    iPad
    i personally would try restoring to default firmware and then rejailbreaking
  3. DJoker

DJoker New Member

Yeh I got the same problem as well but only the few time when I try to customize my themes and such and when it crashes I couldnt fix it by restarting springboard either. Howver when I turn off and turn on again it works fine though. Hope there is a complete explaination form someone else and ways to fix it cause it getting kindda annoying
  4. oneofthefallen67

oneofthefallen67 New Member

alright i guess my only option is to rejailbreak, plus, isnt there a new jailbroken firmware, 3.0? nevermind not really a big deal then as i was going to rejailbreak it with the new firmware

thanks

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. madmagic20

madmagic20 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    alright, well i read, if your ipod is running out of memory, it will close your app/web browser to conserv it, and not lead to more errors. so its nothing bad, and replacing ur ipod wont help, here is a link to where i read : http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1295
  6. graeme2912

graeme2912 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    same thing is happening to me
  7. iRa1n

iRa1n Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    why dont you delete the launch daemons of the things you uninstalled