Springboard icons never stay in the same place

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jackbauer89, Jan 20, 2009.

1. jackbauer89

jackbauer89 New Member

I have a very annoying problem, i like my icons organized, but every time i reboot or respring all the icons shuffle about and never stay in the right place.
    Iv tried (many of times) reseting the home icons in the system settings but that only works temporarily, as a fix i tried using "catagories" to keep things together but i could never get used to it.

Any ideas on whats wrong?

Btw its a Ipod Touch 1st gen, 2.2, jailbroken.
  2. hakk79

hakk79 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Well this sounds like a peculiar problem. Have you messed with any of the files inside your iPod touch or anything like that? Since you have said this happened everytime you reboot or respring I would check around your iPod more to make sure nothing is installed through Cydia/installer that can be causing this. If you do everything possible and you still do not have a fix the final option would be a restore. Don't jump to that just yet though: Another member may have a better suggestion, or another fix might be availible.
  3. epqr

epqr Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    DO you have kate installed? that could be a problem.
  4. sdschramm

sdschramm Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I'm guessing he has the same problem as me - you can't have Kate and the 5 Icon dock installed - otherwise it will do that. (if there IS a fix other then removing one or other, please let me know because I want a five icon dock, but can't live without the "system font")