Springboard Errors

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by TheSedge, Feb 16, 2010.

1. TheSedge

TheSedge New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I was looking at a tutorial on how to change the "Cancel", "OK" and "Agree" text. I went into iFile, found the "strings" (I forgot what it was called), opened it and edited a few things. Then I saved the file, resprung and tested it out. It worked!

I was showing it to my friends, and how to do it, and my friend says "hey I deleted the Captital letters, should I save it?". I wasn't sure what he meant, but when I went over to see what he was doing, he pressed the respring button on SB Settings.

I thought he only changed a word, but when I went to the lockscreen, it wasn't what I expected it to be. The words said odd things like SLIDE_TO_UNLOCK and CANCEL. When my iPhone searches for a Carrier, it says SEARCHING. What has my friend done, and how do I fix it?

Also, I can't restore because I'm running 3.1.2 and 3.1.3 doesn't have a jailbreak (that I know of).

Just in case: iPhone 3GS (Latest Model), 3.1.2 Tethered, 16GB.

Thanks for any help.
  2. kingcoolryan

kingcoolryan Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    just restore to 3.1.2 there are some tutorials on it.. just search around
  3. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

Sadly, we are unable to supply you with Apple's copyrighted property list/strings file and you'll have to restore or 'find' a strings file. It's always good to backup anything before you make changes, as if it goes wrong, you have the original to restore to. As kingcoolryan said, your only legal method is to restore.