Springboard / Cydia trouble

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Freshmilk1, Mar 25, 2009.

1. Freshmilk1

Freshmilk1 New Member

Springboard / Cydia trouble [Fixed!]

EDIT: I've found my own little fix. If you remove an application, such as I did to try reinstalling SBSettings, whilst the command line is open, it resprings the springboard, showing all the apps you've added. Thanks for everyone's suggestions.

I've very recently jailbroken my 2G iPod Touch, only to find that without access to a WiFi connection, I couldn't use Cydia to install applications. Long story short, I eventually stumbled upon Cyder, and I've managed to install two Packages to my iPod; Macman and Winterboard. They both show up in the 'Packages' list in Cydia, however, neither are showing on the springboard. I've looked around a few forums and google'd the problem, but I havn't found any resolve to it. Suggestions?
  2. Tourniquet.

Tourniquet. Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    try to reboot or respring, i think it will work, and maby there not completly installed?

try that first

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. iHackiPodz

iHackiPodz New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    use this "cyder" of yours to download sbsettings or bossprefs. from there, you can respring! if tis doesnt work then just restore 0R find a neighbouring house with wi-fi!

Please Register or Log in to view images

iHackiPodz
  4. -wiseman-

-wiseman- New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Buy a cheep £10 router off ebay
  5. Freshmilk1

Freshmilk1 New Member

I'll try and get SBSettings or BossPref, then. Thanks for the suggestions. Just for the record, I've already tried stuff like restarting, installing a free app from the app store, ect. Any more ideas are much appreciated.

EDIT: I've just tried using both BossPrefs and SBSettings, however neither work, because as always, I can't see their icon on the springboard. That is, assuming, that there is no other way to launch them? Any other ideas?
  6. SiN Altr Ego EL

SiN Altr Ego EL New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    there is a specific order in which u need to do things...

1) connect ipod to computer
    2) go to the synchronization page and hit ipod to computer (EACH TIME U USE CYDER)
    3) find the app u want... blah blah blah..

skip to ipod part

after u put the packages on to ur ipod. u need to REBOOT ur ipod touch. then go into cydia, find the packages and tap them to bring up the package info.. wait for that to load up (like 3 seconds...)

then hit the home button and respring... then u apps should show up..... and u need to do those steps IN THAT ORDER! or else it wont work..

there is a tutorial on here about cyder... PLEASE SEARCH! i bet u i'll find it if i search for it..
  7. Freshmilk1

Freshmilk1 New Member

I'll go look it up, but how exactly do I go about respringing, if I can't get any apps to work?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Sorry for the double post, but I'm still waiting for a response. Is it possible to respring without being able top see Cydia apps on the Springboard?
  8. Comp1

Comp1 New Member

i have got da same problem, any fixe?
  9. jlgm25

jlgm25 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    if you already installed sbsettings, simply slide your finger on the top side of the screen in the springboard. like you always do when unlocking your ipod. but in this case do it in the upper part.
  10. Freshmilk1

Freshmilk1 New Member

Thanks for the tip jlgm25, I didn't know it worked like that, at least now I have some direction. I've been trying to do this for a few minutes, but nothing seems to be happening. I looked up some YouTube videos so that I know if I'm doing it right and what should appear, but it's not working as of now.

I keep checking the Cydia 'Packages' section, and it still says everything I tried to put on are installed, even though they arn't showing; and when I click on 'Filesystem Content' everything seems to be present. I've tried Rebooting, Hard resets, installing a free app, evertyhing. Any more ideas?

Thanks for the suggestions so far, by the way.