SpringBoard Crashings...?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by red_5, Jun 13, 2009.

1. red_5

red_5 Member

I've notice my springboard crashes fairly frequently now... However, it's almost always whenever I launch Free RSS Reader or VanillaSurf, and below that always after an update or new installation.

However, sometimes it will just randomly crash on me for no reason whatsoever, while just sitting at the home screen. It has even crashed while respringing.

It's getting slightly annoying.

To make things easier, I have installed Reminder, 5-Icon Dock, reflective dock, Backgrounder with Task List Beta, and a theme that uses images for the first 6 pages.

Thanks
  2. coomcman2

coomcman2 New Member

Fix

If you are going to use stuff like that, and you want to play a game, or use something that "bogs" down the "RAM", then go to Cydia and download SwapMode. (all one word).

It turns off all extensions, like themes, bossprefs, 5-icon dock, SBsettings, etc.

If you have any more troubles, then, I don't know what to tell you...
    I mean if you have too many extensions, then it will crash almost all the time.

P.S. Remember that the iPod Touch and the iPhone only have 128 MB of RAM.
    themes and other extensions slow it down until it "crashes".
  3. red_5

red_5 Member

Now it only does it when I launch VanillaSurf... Without fail, every time... Plenty of RAM though...