Springboard crashes when playing videos

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Shadeslayer, Sep 11, 2010.

1. Shadeslayer

Shadeslayer New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Alright so for the record I've googled this and searched the forums.

Pretty much I made a video while going on the Ride of Steel at Six Flags but when I tried to play it my springboard crashed and my iPhone 4 went into safe mode. It kept happening, with ANY videos I had saved in my photos app. I've never encountered any problems like this before, and the only thing I've updated recently is the auto 3G tweak, haven't installed anything recently.

Thanks for any feedback or solutions

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Toasty Bread

Toasty Bread Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    Try uninstalling auto 3G and see if it crashes still.
  3. Shadeslayer

Shadeslayer New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Uninstalled Auto3G and didn't work, still just plays a split second of audio and crashes.

While in safe mode videos worked though.. So that must mean SOMETHING from cydia is doing this right ?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Update:

Native YouTube app isn't working, just shows a black screen when I open the app.
    And I can't play ANY videos unless I'm in safemode, not even like through safari or anything.
    Going through my packages from cydia to hopefully find a cause for this.
  4. RpSGrayFox

RpSGrayFox New Member

This started to happen to me too :/ just now actually, only thing I remember I installed recently is psx4all :/ will try to uninstall to see if it fixes the problem :/ please post any solution you find :/

Edit:

Found the culprit to be MultiMusicInfo from cydia, upon uninstallation the problem ceased

Please Register or Log in to view images

now all videos play again without throwing you to safe mode, hope my solution works for you too, it was working well until I updated it and started to mess with custom overlays I think... I'll try to reinstall the app and see if it still causes the same issue
  5. Shadeslayer

Shadeslayer New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    It worked, nice find ! I tried disabling custom overlays or whatever and it still wouldn't work, I just uninstalled the tweak.
  6. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

thank you very much...

also works with my ipod 2g..great help